Free music Marketing Tip:
1) When coming out with an album, once recording is done, have a falling out with your lead guitarist over who wrote the songs. Have him cover the song in a crappy acoustic way and put it out.
2) Create a public spectacle of it on social media to generate as many clicks as possible and spread the word. Create private messages of him admitting fault and laughing about it.
3) Call Judge Judy (or really any of them) saying you need a copywrite claim resolved as he stole your song and owes monetary compensation under $5k. Sensationalize the story as much as possible, bringing in the public spectacle, taunting etc.. Really play it up, you're rockstars after all....
4) Once you go to court, create a funny and humorous court case where you joke and enjoy the public spectacle. Also request the song to be played and continuously name drop the band and song.
5) Win the court case by a land slide and get $5k for showing up plus your monetary damages. Weirdly make up with the guitar player after the case and enjoy your free trip to LA.
6) Enjoy the publicity your song and band being on Basic cable and on a highly popular show with instant clip-ability brings. All of this with your band name, Single and celebrity/network endorsements.
You're Welcome.... I'll take my 10% off the top